Our team works hard to ensure that music education is as fun, rich, and engaging as possible. It is important to us that we instill a lifelong passion for music in each student.
We are committed to creating great opportunities to socialize, develop, and perform in order to enhance the total learning experience. We look forward to teaching our students this year and for many years to come.
If you love music, are passionate about teaching, and can play one or more musical instruments well, we encourage you to apply.
As a teacher you will be provided with:
- All billing and tuition fee collections will be taken care of for you!
- Online access to your up to date schedule each day
- Starting pay is competitive and minimum hours are guaranteed!
- Once a year recitals for students to participate in with no additional cost or planning on your part
Daytime and evening hours are available. To apply please email us today and attach your resume.
- Teachers who can teach piano, guitar, voice, drums or violin
- Teachers with a reliable vehicle strongly preferred
- Length of commitment – the start of September to the end of June
Goal: to share your passion for music with your students on a weekly basis
Outline of Position Responsibilities:
- To remain committed to teaching your assigned students and families through to the end of June
- To be punctual and respectful of your students, other teachers and other students at our teaching facilities
- To maintain a courteous manner, professional language and conversation while teaching at all times.
- To communicate weekly to students and parents as necessary
- Business casual dress is required
- Annual Recitals: to prepare students to successfully perform for their recitals and to be present at the DeGazon Music annual recitals of their students
- To adequately prepare those RCM track students for RCM grade level examinations
- Due to the business to business nature of the relationship between DeGazon Music and the Independent Contract Music Teacher (Independent Contractor), it is the sole responsibility of the Independent Contractor to remit all income taxes, Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan payments themselves.
Screening measures implemented in selection process by members of the DeGazon Music Search and Screening Committee:
- Preliminary resume & application — review
- Potential Candidate screening interview on the phone
- Potential Candidate in-person interview
- Completion of the Reference Check process
- Completion of the Sensitive Position of Trust Background Screening Process & Police Check
Status: Part-time, Temp/Contract
Shift: Days and Evenings
What our teachers say about us
I always enjoy coming in to work at DeGazon because I have so many reasons to love my job. I love how unique students are and I love helping them achieve their goals. My co-workers are talented and friendly which creates a positive and supportive learning environment that I am so happy to be a part of.
Working for DeGazon Music is a teacher’s dream come true. They are committed equally to providing the best working environment for their teachers and the most enjoyable music lessons for their students.